The closures reflect instances where three or more COVID-19 cases are linked to a given location
Over a dozen more businesses located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley have been ordered shut down by authorities due to multiple coronavirus (COVID-19) cases linked to the sites.
Fraser Health updated its “Workplace Closures” section of its website Monday to reflect business shut-down ordered Friday through Sunday in its region, which spans from Delta to Burnaby and across the Fraser Valley.
The closures reflect instances where three or more COVID-19 cases are linked to a given location, and the businesses include gyms, retail stores, and industrial sites, as well as offices and fast-food restaurants.
None of the businesses are also listed as COVID-19 “public exposure” sites by Fraser Health, however, some of the businesses that deal with the public may have announced the closure and/or notified members or shoppers, for example, elsewhere.
South Burnaby’s Club 16 Trevor Linden Fitness has issued a statement cautioning members that a possible exposure took place at the gym on April 5. Currently the local gym chain has three locations closed by Fraser Health; a fourth location, in Surrey, remains open to members.
Rona, which is owned by Lowe’s Canada, posted to its online store worker coronavirus case tracker April 14 that an employee at its Surrey (Fleetwood) location was confirmed as having the virus; that employee was last on the job April 12.
- Buy-Low Foods Home Office: 19580 Telegraph Trail, Surrey
- Club 16 Trevor Linden Fitness – Highgate Village: 300-7155 Kingsway, Highgate Mall, Burnaby
- Lennox Industries – Burnaby: 2962 Lake City Way, Burnaby
- Peregrine Retail Design Manufacturing – Burnaby: 3131 Production Way, Burnaby
- Quality Saw and Knife – Port Coquitlam: Unit 3108, 585 Seaborne Ave, Port Coquitlam
- Rona #61720: 16659 Fraser Hwy, Surrey
- Van Gogh Designs – Surrey: 19178 34A Avenue, Surrey
- Golden West Baking Co.: 1111 Derwent Way, Delta
- Terrastone Development: 5827 Production Way, Langley
- Bonny’s Taxi Ltd.: 5759 Sidley St., Burnaby (Level 1 worksite)
- Fitness World: 13821 Central Ave, Surrey
- Great Life Fitness Store: 10242 152 St., Surrey
- Quick Lane Tire and Auto Centre: 3050 King George Blvd, Surrey
- Tall Crane Equipment Ltd. – Langley: 22652 Fraser Hwy, Langley
- Tim Hortons (#0809): 26431 Fraser Hwy, Aldergrove
Since implementing the closure measures and posting the business information starting April 12, there have been over 40 workplace closures in the Fraser Health region.
Fraser Health explains the process for businesses prior to re-opening, which takes generally about 10 days: “During this closure period, Public Health will continue to follow all COVID-19 cases and their close contacts. Public health may need to inspect the site either during the period the business is closed or at the time of reopening.”
Once businesses are re-open, Fraser Health will remove them from the listings.