SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District has began scheduling appointments for the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Patients who acquired the first dose of the vaccine by noon Wednesday at the Alamodome are eligible, a information launch mentioned.
Previously, individuals who had been already vaccinated had been instructed to register on-line one week previous to when their second dose was due, however that’s not the case anymore, officers mentioned.
Patients will obtain a telephone name from Metro Health to schedule their second dose. If an individual missed the decision and wish to schedule, they will name 311 and choose choice Eight or ship an electronic mail to COVID19@sanantonio.gov.
Currently, solely front-line healthcare employees and residents at long-term care amenities (referred to as Phase 1A) plus folks over 65 or with a continual medical situation that places them at elevated threat for extreme sickness from COVID‑19 (referred to as Phase 1B) are presently eligible to obtain the COVID‑19 vaccine.
Phase 1B recipients embrace:
- People 65 years of age and older
- People 16 years of age and older with not less than one continual medical situation that places them at elevated threat for extreme sickness from the virus that causes COVID-19, equivalent to however not restricted to:
- Chronic kidney illness
- COPD (continual obstructive pulmonary illness)
- Heart circumstances, equivalent to coronary heart failure, coronary artery illness or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and extreme weight problems (physique mass index of 30 kg/m2 or larger)
- Sickle cell illness
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
As Bexar County continues to obtain extra vaccines, extra appointments can be opening. Residents are urged to examine each day to see if there are appointments obtainable on town’s website or by calling 311 and deciding on choice 8.
Hours of operation for the Alamodome vaccine clinic are presently from 9 a.m. to six:30 p.m. Monday by way of Saturday.
Copyright 2021 by KSAT – All rights reserved.