If you could wave a magic wand…
What kind of world would you want to live in?
Change-makers Tammy Tibbetts & Christen Brandt dream of a world where every girl is educated, respected, and heard. A world where women are able to create change. A world where girls everywhere are safe and loved.
For 11 years, they’ve worked toward that vision, leading social change through She’s the First — a non-profit I’ve supported since 2014 alongside Michelle Obama, the United Nations, Diane von Fürstenberg, and more than 200 campus chapters worldwide.
She’s the First finds, funds, and supports local organizations to educate and empower girls, so one day we can live in a world where every girl can choose her own future.
After more than a decade leading the way, Tammy and Christen know what it takes to create positive lasting change and that everyone’s contribution matters. They’re on MarieTV today debuting their new book, Impact: A Step-By-Step Plan to Create the World You Want to Live In.
If you know you’re meant to make a difference but aren’t sure how, this conversation is a must-watch.
- Three reasons well-meaning people get stuck.
- How to discover your own special gift.
- A visualization exercise to uncover your calling.
- How being voted “most shy” in high school inspired a global movement.
- How to hold healthy boundaries without becoming defensive.
- What to say when someone “shoulds” on you.
- The difference between a Band-Aid and a long-term fix — and why we need both.
- Why good intentions aren’t enough.
- The critical difference between helping, fixing, and serving.
- Why 2020 is our “masterclass in resilience.”
Tammy and Christen walk their talk and will inspire you to make the difference you were born to make.
But don’t worry — they won’t tell you to find the perfect cause, donate all your money to charity, or volunteer every night and weekend.
As Tammy says, “No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.”
Hit play to watch now or listen on The Marie Forleo Podcast to find YOUR something.
Check out this episode on The Marie Forleo Podcast
DIVE DEEPER: Learn more from Tammy Tibbetts of She’s the First on how educating girls changes the world and then finally find your calling with Rha Goddess.
Feeling inspired? Profound change only happens when we turn our inspiration into action. In the comments below, let us know your biggest insight and how you plan to act on it now.
If you’re not quite clear on your vision of the world, try this exercise to discover what Christen and Tammy call your “North Star.” It’s one of my favorite chapters in the book, which goes deep into uncovering your personal experiences and how they’re connected to the change you want to create in the world.
Close your eyes and think about the world you want to see in 10 years. Then 20 years. What kind of world would you hope to see 100 years from now? See it vividly like a movie in your mind.
Now on a piece of paper, write down your answers to these two questions:
- Describe in detail your vision of the world you’d like to see in 20 years.
- What are the biggest differences between your vision and the world we’re living in right now?
Your path of impact lives in the gap between the world you want to see and the world you live in now.
Use that clear vision as your goal, but don’t be overwhelmed. Progress happens one tiny step at a time.
As Tammy says, “If you have a setback, don’t feel discouraged. This is a long game, and it will take a lifetime. You’re building a legacy.”